Setup a Dedicated Server is providing the best Web Hosting Services
A great websites have also great dedicated servers behind it. In this step by step tutorial, I will show you what is a dedicated server looks like when you set up with (with Apache, MySQL, and PHP) using your personal computer and software’s.
1. Quick Overview
What to prepare to Setup a Dedicated Server?
- A computer to use as your server
- A CD burner and a blank CD. These are so that you can burn Ubuntu to a disk in order to install it.
- Time because the process is time consuming.
- Install Ubuntu Server Operating System
- Install OpenSSH server. This allows you to administer your server from remote computers.
- Install A LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) stack. This provides backbone that will run your website.
- Install firewall to protect your server from unauthorized access.
2. First Step: Insert blank CD/DVD with 700Mb. You can burn the ISO file here.
- Download Ubunto Server here http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
- Click Download from the left menu
- Click “Server Edition” tab
- Select Latest Ubuntu version
- Select download drop down box and finally hit “Begin Download”
3. Second Step to Setup a Dedicated Server
- Install Ubuntu Server by booting the CD first. In most cases you will see “Press [key] to change boot order” then select CD Drive.
- Select your language
- Select Ubuntu Server
- You can type any hostname
- Guided – use entire disk”
- Select Disk where you want to install Ubunto OS
- Enter your Full Name
- Enter User Name for your account and password
- Leave Proxy Info and hit continue
- Select OpenSSH Server
- Finally, the install will finish. Remove the CD, and hit enter. The computer will reboot.
4. Update Your New Server- You need to make sure your server is up-to-date.
To do this, you need to login your username then press enter, and then type your password. As you’re typing your password, you’ll notice that nothing
seems to be happening. Don’t worry, that’s the way it was designed to work. After you’ve finished typing your password, hit enter. Your system will now download and install all the latest updates. This will take a while depending on your internet connection. After it has finished, your computer will need to be rebooted. To do this, type: sudo shutdown -r now. Your system will now reboot. Your server is now completely updated.